Apotex is the largest Canadian owned pharmaceutical company, and the largest producer of generic medicines in the Country. We have an incredible team of bright, passionate, and committed individuals, who are proudly dedicated to our mission of bringing a growing array of high quality, affordable medicines to the healthcare systems in 115 countries around the globe. We are looking for the cream of the crop to join our growing team.
We offer competitive pay, exceptional career development, state-of-the-art facilities, and the opportunity to work with leaders in the field. But we also offer something more… the satisfaction that comes from knowing that the “product” we produce will improve the quality of human lives, and in some cases, save them. Our products, most importantly, are also accessible by people from all economic backgrounds.
We’d love to hear how you could contribute to the Team!
The Technician, Mechanical under minimal supervision, performs the functions necessary to maintain, troubleshoot, set-up, repair, plan, install and rebuild production and associated machinery.
1. Correctly diagnose a mechanical, electrical, hydraulic or pneumatic problem and expedite its repair.
2. Carry out preventative maintenance, calibration of instruments and equipment as outlined by the maintenance schedule.
Carry out and plan preventive maintenance, breakdown/corrective maintenance and escalate as necessary.
3. Set up equipment when required by Department Supervisor or Manager.
4. Proper documentation of work performed, parts used and time sheets
5. Perform basic electrical control wiring.
6. Assist in operator training, maintenance technician/apprentice training related to equipment set up and maintenance
7. Perform machining requirements, which include the proper use of lathes, mills, surface grinders, drill press, welding and brazing equipment and other machine shop related practices.
8. Additional duties as required by Department Supervisor or Manager
9. Also support all 4 manufacturing sites as needed
10. Partipate in major equipment rebuilds i.e. Bin washer, Tote washer, Tumbler, Encap machine, Tablet press, Compactor, conveyors, material lifts, dock doors, dock levels, automated sliding doors, etc.
11. Involvment in focus groups to eliminate ongoing problems to reduce downtime.
12. Perform all tasks in the safest possible manner and maintain good housekeeping practices.
13. Works as a member of a team to achieve all outcomes
14. Performs all work in support of our Corporate Values of Pride, Accountability, Integrity and Diligence
15. Performs all work in accordance with all established regulatory and compliance and safety requirements
16. All other duties as assigned
* Secondary School Graduate; Minimum of Grade 12.
* 2 - 5 years Millwright/ Electro-Mechanical experience in the food or
* Pharmaceutical industry. Tablet press,Encapsulation and automation experience preferred.
* Licensed and experienced in one or more of the following trades, Machinist, Tool and Die, Electro-Mechanical Controls or Machine Fitter is mandatory.
* In-dept knowledge of mechanics and machine shop practices.
* Comprehensive knowledge of Electrical, Hydraulics and Pneumatics.
* Experience with PLC.'s and the ability to read motor control schematics.
* Computer Skills preferred, Microsoft office, SAP, etc
* Knowledge of good manufacturing practices requirements, as related to pharmaceuticals.
* Good communication, organizational and planning skills.
* Proactive and self-motivated.
* Familiarity with computerize preventative maintenance programs.
* Willing to participate in skill enhancement programs.
* Ability to work any shift, including evengins and weekends.
At Apotex, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible work environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported.
Apotex offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities as part of its recruitment process. If you are contacted to arrange for an interview or testing, please advise us if you require an accommodation.